Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Lunchtime Treat - Goat's Cheese on Toast


How delicious is this? I must admit that this was served to me in a fantastic tearoom by the marina at Ely, Cambridgeshire. It was called the Peacock Tearoom and boy do they have a wonderful menu including a simply vast selection of teas (plus a few cocktails for a treat in the sunshine). Anyway I was so enamoured by my lunch that I made it for myself recently and it really is a fantastic treat and so very easy to do.

All you need is some toasted wholemeal bread which you then cover with sliced, cooked beetroot. You then top with slices of goat's cheese and drizzle with honey and pop it under the grill until it starts to bubble. They then topped with walnuts and served with a delicious side-salad. Amazing!

Related Stories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...