Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Hemsley and Hemsley cookbook



Obviously I am becoming very aware of what I am eating - although I have been advised that a little of what I fancy is the way to go. Eating 'clean' means no take-aways, no salad have haven't washed myself, no soft cheeses or pates, no seafood - to keep the risk of infection down to a minimum really.


I was delighted when I was bought as a gift from a very kind friend, the new Hemsley & Hemsley cookbook from sisters who are as clever as they are beautiful. All round a bit sickening really but we will forgive them as they really do talk absolute sense in terms of eating and cooking that is actually easy to follow. First things are to use your beautiful vegetable oils like olive and rape seed for salad dressings and not for cooking. They are actually not doing you any good and really replacing with virgin coconut oil, butter or ghee (yes really) is a much much wiser option. They also look at replacing a lot of carbs with other alternatives like cauliflower that can be make into a 'rice' and courgette pasta.



 In the office we can all testify that their coconut balls with cacao are as delicious as any melting chocolate truffle - and if you roll them in chia seeds they are even better for you! Here is there guilt-free milk chocolate pave which is next on my list!



Chicken Soup is good for the soul and I will be adding this one to my repertoire soon...


The Art of Eating Well, Hemsley & Hemsley


Related Stories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...