Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Warm blanket wraps, ponchos and throws for Winter



Burberry started it by giving individual monochromed throws to their models for Autumn/Winter 2015 and it would appear there is no escaping this versatile trend in all the shops. I approve as you can wear this at any age or size without looking like you are trying too hard.

I am not so keen on the Burberry one's as they are a little dull - though if someone were to give me one I certainly wouldn't complain you understand, it's just they really are too much like a car rug. Now if you are old enough to remember a car rug then you really are going some but I am sure the younger amongst my readers will know what I mean.

I love the one's I have found on Etsy - there are some lovely colours and a really good range of prices too. And when the car rug trend is over they will keep going as they really are ageless.


This one is a vintage ethnic Ecuadorian throw in a muted soft dusky rose so it will do for a summer cover-up as well. It's also £51.42 at the moment so is a good price for something that is pure wool and can be washed in the machine - check it out on Etsy.



Now this one from Zara I really love. It's a cross between a cape and a poncho and is easy wearing and a great length. It's also £45.99 and can be handwashed.

Whatever you choose a poncho, a blanket wrap or a simple throw, you will add a bit of drama to your wardrobe. They are nothing if not, well, swishy, which is why I love them.

Related Stories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...