Monday, 30 June 2014

City & Guilds London Art School degree show

It's degree show time and I can't quite believe that my friends children (who are not children at all) are all graduating (as is my eldest). It is so lovely to get a personal invite from someone you have known for years so it was with delight that I went along to see Ben Ford's installation for his Fine Art degree show. He had created a Duomo complete with wall and ceiling paintings - but instead of the usual iconography all the images were of him... I won't go into the thinking behind it all but it was impressive and really made me think about ego, renaissance art, advertising and modern themes of consumerism. Accomplished and amusing if you can imaging the love child of Breugal and Stanley Spencer you will get an idea. Alongside some fantastic Fine Art we also got the see the diploma students' stonecarving which was absolutely mind-blowing. It is truly wonderful to see really old skills being continued and you can see why these guys are in demand across the world once they have finished their course.






And some of Ben Ford's paintings










Related Stories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...