Saturday, 25 January 2014

Home-made waffles with a little help from Lekue



Lekue is not a kitchen brand I had come across before but I do love a bit of shiny plastic in the kitchen so when they approached to chose something from the range I actually thanked them and asked for a microwavable pasta container. I didn't hear back and thought nothing of it, so imagine my surprise when a large box of all sorts of different things arrived from Spain!So here is the first of my trials of the product which are all available to buy online at Lekue!

The waffle set is made in really tough silicone and comes in two sheets which is enough to make 8 waffles. It also contained a pourer for sauces (home-made chocolate sauces anyone?).
I made up a simple sweet waffle batter from a recipe on the Lekue site. This is what I followed...

3 eggs, 410 ml milk, 240 g flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tbsp sugar, ½ tsp salt, 110 g butter 

Preparation

Melt the butter and mix it with the beaten eggs and the milk. Add the flour, 2 tbsp sugar, salt, and baking powder mixed together and stir well by hand using a whisk, until you have a smooth mixture. Place the moulds on the oven tray, pour the batter into 2 waffle moulds, and bake in the middle of the preheated oven at 220ºC for 8-9 minutes. Take out of the oven, de-mould the waffles on the oven tray and cook with the pattern side up for a further 4-5 minutes until they turn golden.




I don't think I have ever had home-made waffles before but I certainly will be making lots more! They are so simple and quick and have a much greater density than the shop bought one's. We ate these warm with ice-cream and creme fraiche and they all disappeared very quickly!
The silicone mould was easy to use, the waffles just popped right out and it washed up really easily too - highly recommended!

Related Stories...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...