Brazilian sandal company Havaianas, have been going an amazing 50 years so to celebrate here are some wonderful ads and images from the archives...
Here are a few interesting facts about Havaianas that you might not know:
· 94% of Brazilians have or have had a pair of Havaianas. In 1963, over one thousand pairs of sandals were sold per day.
· In the 80’s, the Federal Government considered Havaianas a basic-goods basket item. Prices of these basic-goods basket items were controlled to avoid inflation.
· 18,255 employees.
· Main factory in Campina Grande, North East Brazil manufactures over 206 million pairs per year.
· 190 million pairs of flip-flops sold in 2011.
· 520,547 pairs sold per day.
· 21,689 pairs sold per hour.
· 6 pairs sold in a second.
· Havaianas is present on the most trendy curves of the world: NY Fashion Week, the Oscar´s ceremony, Bread & Butter, Pitti, Who´s next, etc.
· If a consumer wants to buy all Havaianas flip-flop models available in the market, print and colour combinations, he/she would buy 454 pairs per year.
· Since its birth, over 4 billion pairs of Havaianas have already been sold. If lined up all together, they would go around the Earth about 40 times.
· Each Portuguese owns 4 pairs of Havaianas on average.
· Each Aussie owns 5 pairs of Havaianas on average.
· Each Brazilian owns 25 pairs of Havaianas on average.
Havaianas now retail in 85 countries, with over 454 different styles available!